19 Dec 2017

Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings

With Christmas coming up in less than a week, The Broke and the Bookish thought it about time for us to list which books we hope to find under the Christmas tree this year.

In no particular order...


The Obsession - Nora Roberts
I read "The Obsession" earlier this year, and it immediately moved to the top of my "Top Ten Books of 2017" list (which I have yet to post). I own it as an e-book, but would love the physical copy as well.


Wish Upon a Star - Trisha Ashley
Though presented as a Christmas novel, it's really not. But it IS one of the most delightfully charming and feel-good novels I've read in a long time. Unfortunately it seems to be out of print almost everywhere, but I still hope Santa can find it :-)


Hamilton: the Revolution - Lin-Manuel Miranda
Another book I read earlier this year. I got it out of the library, thinking it'd be the sort of book I'd want to read once and then that was it. I was wrong. Not only do I want to read it again, but I also want to have it to lend out to others, once they "discover" Hamilton for themselves (which may actually happen, now that it has opened in London. I so want to go over and see it!)


A Stray Drop of Blood / A Soft Breath of Wind - Roseanna M. White
Possibly the two best books I read this year. Again, I own them as e-books, but really want them for my library as well.


In Arcadia - Andrea K. Höst
Probably the last book of the Touchstone series. As I own all the others as physical copies, I'd love this one as well to complete my collection.


Under bjælken - Jens Andersen
The newly published official portrait of Crown Prince Frederik. It's been touted as being the most in-depth biography of our crown prince ever, and the few chapters that were released to promote it were really interesting. I know I could just get this from the library, but still wouldn't mind at all if Santa brought it :-)


Worsted for War - Rachael B. Anderson
One of my favourite webcomics in graphic novel form? Oh, yes please! :-D


Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters - Ann Budd
Not so much a book of patterns as a book of numbers :) Ann Budd takes five basic sweater designs and provides stitch numbers for multiple different sizes and gauges. It's a book I would've been utterly uninterested in just a few years ago, but now that I'm more inclined to use sweater patterns as inspiration rather than a recipe to follow exactly, I thought it would be fun to have.


The Rabbit Hunter - Lars Kepler
The 6th book in a series where I've read and greatly enjoyed the first five. I definitely want to finish this series.


A Wish Upon the Stars - T.J. Klune
Cheating a little bit here, as this 4th book in the series won't actually be published until March of next year (which is also why the cover is from the 3rd book), and the audiobook will probably be even later than that, but I can't wait! So thought I'd add it here anyway.

4 comments:

Poinsettia said...

It sounds like you've found a lot of books to enjoy! I hope you find some of them under the tree. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

Susan said...

YEAR ONE by Nora Roberts is on my list today. I've never read anything by her, but I've heard good things about her books. I hope Santa brings you the Roberts and everything else on your wishlist :)

Happy TTT!

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I hope you get all these!

Aj @ Read All The Things!

iloveheartlandX said...

Ah yes, I would love to get the Hamilton book!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/top-ten-tuesday-138/